Wednesday, May 31, 2000

Portland, OR

I don’t know why, but this morning I couldn’t get started. I didn’t wake up until 11am and was only just ready in time when Amy came home to have lunch with me at noon. We picked up sandwiches from Zupans and drove to Washington Park to sit on the grass in the sunshine. We sat in the amphitheatre looking towards Mt Hood, surrounded by these beautiful gardens. It was picture perfect.

On her way back to work, Amy dropped me off at the grocery store to pick up food for dinner (I volunteered to cook her my one and only dish – chicken stir fry). I got home and prepared things so all I had to do when Amy got home was throw everything in the fry pan.

But when Amy got home we decided to go and see Cider House Rules at the Mission Theater (4 blocks away). Great movie, but deep and somber. It certainly didn’t give you the warmest feeling upon leaving. This is the same theatre we saw Being John Malkovich in, the last time I was here. For $2 and cheap beers in this old restored building, you can’t go wrong.

Once we got home I cooked dinner. It wasn’t too bad, even if I say so myself. Once again tonight was a late one for us, which is fine by me, but some of us have to be at work early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment