Friday, May 26, 2000

Pacific Beach, CA

Jodie doesn’t start work until 10pm tonight and has kindly offered to show me around for the day. We started off at a Greek restaurant to have lunch with a friend of hers, Mitch. This guy is good value and gives me plenty of tips for traveling in the USA, and recommended some reading as well.

After lunch we headed into downtown, where first stop was to buy a train ticket. I picked up one for Sunday morning, which will put me in Portland 35 hours later. Unfortunately Autodriveaway didn’t come through with a car, so I will be unable to catch the Nagles at Uncle John’s this weekend.

We drove over to the Gaslamp Quarter and wander around the streets and the mall.

We then headed over to Josh’s, via the harbor, checking out the naval base and cruise liners. From Josh’s we head to the Old Town where we go to Berta’s for dinner. This is a Latin American restaurant and absolutely delicious. I had the paella and a Peruvian beer.

Josh and Jodie dropped me back at the house for dinner and then went to work. I stayed at home and did some cleaning and had intended on going to Stingers, but instead fell asleep in front of the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment