Sunday, May 21, 2000

San Francisco, CA to Bakersfield, CA

Got up at 9am this morning and headed off to Jack’s Diner for breakfast with the Nagles, and Casi’s dad and sisters. The diner is set in a 50’s style and is quite quaint.

After breakfast we went to Marin County to the beach. Naags had a surf while I got a chance to try out my new tripod. From the beach we drove up to Casi’s mum’s place for lunch. It was great to see Smiley, and Uncle John was there as well. After a sushi lunch we all went for a walk around the area. Mrs Neuman lives in an area that is full of similarly built apartments and houses – but in a spot where deer roam free. It’s an amazing sight. Once again today is so hot, so it was a relief to get back into an air conditioned house after the walk.

Not long after I began my journey south towards Los Angeles. I drove until 10pm and pulled into a rest area just outside Bakersfield to sleep in the car overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment