Wednesday, May 24, 2000

Pacific Beach, CA

Once again we were up late this morning – pick a common theme when Dave and Melissa are around. This morning Dave, Melissa, Jodie, Mark, Emma and I drove down to Mission Beach (the one south of Pacific) to have lunch at Mission Café. After a delicious lunch we said goodbye to Dave and Melissa, who headed back to Las Vegas. The weather the past 2 days has been overcast, and I’m informed that this is an early incarnation of San Diego’s June Gloom. While the weather is fine and warmish, it is still not good enough for me to go into in the water swimming.

We drove back to the house, as the others had to go to work. I decide to walk along Pacific Beach. The walkway is right along the beach and full of joggers, walkers, skaters and bike riders. Units sit on the waterfront and all have courtyards – most filled with people barbequing. This is very much the outdoor town, and a place I could get used to very easily.

When I got back to the house, Jodie offered to drive me out to Autodriveawy so I could get my refund. While I was there I find there is a chance of getting a car to Portland (will have to call tomorrow).

Jodie drops me off back at the house and goes to work. I take the chance of a quick snooze. When I wake up, I walked down to Garnet Street, grab some pizza for dinner and head up to Stingers, where I have a few drinks with Josh and their friend Kenyan. What was to be a quiet night turned into numerous drinks finishing up at 1am. Once Jodie had completely finished we went back to the house for a few more beers and a night of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with Mark and Josh till all hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment