Saturday, May 27, 2000

Pacific Beach, CA

I woke up relatively early this morning and headed down to Garnet Street to check out the shops. When I got back Jodie, Josh and I went to The Menu for breakfast. Good hearty start to the day.

From here we drove to Sunset Cliffs, just south of Ocean Beach. We walked along the beach and rocks for a while. At the southern end there are caves, which can be accessed at low tide. Unfortunately our timing is out.

When we left the beach we went back to the house via Josh’s, where we decided we would go to the Marine Room. This is a bar / restaurant just north of La Jolla that is literally on the beach. (Apparently at high tide it’s like being underwater). We were to have drinks there and watch the sunset, but it’s prom night and the entire restaurant is booked for a private party. What we do do though, is drive back towards Pacific Beach and stop at Froggys for dinner. I had oysters and a beautiful chicken fillet on garlic mashed potatoes. Too good!

After dinner we went to Stingers and Josh and I had a couple of drinks. After a while we headed up to Longboards (where Mitch works). There was a band, Archive, playing, which Josh will be recording in a couple of weeks, so we stayed and watched them and had a few more drinks. When it all finished we went back to Stingers, where we stayed until close.

Jodie drove us back to the house where I picked up my bags and headed to the train station, as it was now nearly 4am and my train was due to leave just after 6am. After our goodbyes I curled up on a bench inside the station, thanks to a kind guard, and snoozed until the train arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment