Friday, May 19, 2000

Vancouver, BC to Jacksonville, OR

I got an early start today as the bus leaves for Seattle at 8am. There are 10 of us on the bus and the trip is a good one. H is our driver – a Kiwi who just arrived in Canada. He has also lived in Bronte. We got on really well. We got through the border with no hassles, for a change, and arrived in Seattle just after lunch.

After speaking with Autodriveaway I caught the 174 bus out beyond SeaTac airport to pick up a 2000 Pontiac Montana, which I am going to drive to Laguna Nigel over the next few days. The car is so new that there is only 69 miles on the odometer. I was on my way by 3pm and, besides the traffic at the beginning, it was a smooth trip. I made only two stops before pulling into a rest area about 30 miles north of Jacksonville, Oregon. I folded the back seats down and stayed here the night. Would’ve loved to have been able to get to Uncle John’s, but I was so tired I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment