Sunday, May 7, 2000

Seattle, WA

Today was meant to start in Pike Place Market, but it seems that only the fresh food stores are open on Sunday. So Matt and I walk up to Seattle’s Space Needle (their Centrepoint Tower), where I buy a City Pass Ticket, which gets me into Space Needle, The Aquarium, Science Museum, Seattle Art Museum, Flight Museum and the zoo. We go up the 180-metre tower, which gives a great view over the city and Puget Sound.

Me @ Seattle's Space Needle

When we come down we walk along the waterfront, past all the piers and their attractions. We had pizza for lunch – and tried to push all you can eat to new levels. After this Matt left, as he heads back home to San Francisco via Portland. I continue to hang around the waterfront, while waiting for some film to be developed from the wedding. It’s a beautiful afternoon, but too late to start anything, so I enjoy the sun before walking south along the water and then back up First Street to the hostel. Here I rang Amy and spoke for half an hour – I hate that it’s going to be 2 weeks before I see her again. The rest of the evening is spent catching up with my diary and sending emails and working out what to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment