Monday, May 29, 2000

Portland, OR

This has been the day I have been waiting for. Back in Portland to hang out with Amy again.

Most of the morning is spent in awe of the Oregon forest. The scenery around the lakes at Klamath Falls is stunning. The early afternoon was spent playing cards with Amy and Jackie. Amy has just returned from 6 months in Australia, and is heading back to Minnesota. While Amy is heading back to Seattle, after being in New Mexico for a possible job.

The train rolled into Portland at around 4pm. I found a storage room to put my backpack and headed off in search of food. First thing, though, was to stop off at Kinko’s to spend some time emailing. This has become an addiction I cannot do without for more than 2 days. After all this, it is still another 3 hours before Amy is due back from Italy. I found the Broadway Cinema and went and saw Mission Impossible II. Although it is not the greatest of movies, it kept me entertained, out of the cold, and somewhat homesick, as a lot of the movie is set in Sydney.

After a quick call to confirm she was home, I raced up to Amy’s to see her. It has only been a few weeks, but is so good to see her again. We stayed in talking about our different trips for what seemed like all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment