Thursday, May 25, 2000

Pacific Beach, CA

I decided to head to the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla today, and to do so by walking. It is at least 6 kilometers to La Jolla, and I try to stick to the coast as much as possible. The further north I walk, the more amazing the houses become. And La Jolla itself is very much targeted to the richer tourist.

Because I haven’t eaten today, and I’m on the verge of fainting, I stop for some take-away for lunch. Note to self – Jack In The Box only to be eaten again except if nothing is around for a hundred miles.
Onward I walked to the museum, whose main exhibition was feature of Mexican artists. The most significant being Diego Rivera. Considering it took me nearly 2 hours to walk there and only 45 minutes to go through the gallery, it hardly seemed worth it.

The walk home did seem a bit quicker as I stuck to the main road. I stuck my head in the house briefly before deciding to wander along the beach again. This time I did so all the way to Mission Beach, where there is a small fun park and plenty of touristy shops. This is also where MTV will be filming a series of summer shows, as the stages had already be erected along the beach. I walked along Mission Street ducking into the odd clothes and record stores. I stopped in at Stingers again to say hi to Jodie before going back to the house. Emma has the night off, so after I have fish and chips for dinner, I hang out with her for the evening watching videos. I fully appreciate a quiet night in.

Pacific Beach, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment