Sunday, May 14, 2000

Victoria, BC to Vancouver, BC

I some how managed to turn my alarm off this morning without knowing it and slept past the time when I was meant to be catching the bus. I caught one at 11am, heading towards Schwartz Bay (an hour’s ride). From here I jumped on the ferry to take me to Tsawwassen. The ferry takes 2 hours and I enjoy the magnificent serene views from the sun-drenched deck. You can see the snow-capped coastal mountains behind the forest and islands all the way. Another 2 buses get me into downtown Vancouver, and at the hostel at 3pm. On the way I ran into Dave (a guy I met briefly at the Violent Femmes last week in Seattle). He tells me the Melvins are playing here Wednesday – so it looks like I’m here for 4 nights.

Passing Ferry On My Way To Vancouver, BC

After I check in I realize that I hadn’t eaten today, so head up to dinner at Denny’s on the corner for a huge meal.

Once I’ve eaten I wander around aimlessly for a while before checking some emails. Vancouver seems like a pretty city, so tomorrow it’s out with the camera. Back at the hostel I sit outside and read. It is really quiet here (maybe everyone’s out), so I will make the most of the relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment