Friday, June 2, 2000

Portland, OR

Amy came home from work early today to do some work from home, so I hung out with her and did some personal housekeeping until she left at 11am.

I spent the afternoon searching for places for us to stay on our road trip, which we have planned upon my return after the Bahamas, and booking my hostel in Miami. At 3pm I went downtown to pick up some more photos. Amy picked me up from there and we drove home to get ready for our evening out.

Not long after 4pm we hit the road for Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast, where we are going to watch the sunset over the beach. The drive took us 2 hours with a stop at Sitka Spruce (the largest tree of its type in the US). Onwards to the beach, which we walked up and down, taking photos and seeing where the Goonies was made. We also walked through town, which was pretty much well closed, because everyone was in the bar watching the basketball. We drove up to Ecola State Park and set up our picnic and watched the sun set over the water. It was so beautiful, especially adding the small, light-housed island in our view. I hope all the photos turn out. The sun set at around 10pm and afterwards we went driving to Seaside, where we stopped at Doogers (a diner) for dessert.

Amy & I @ Cannon Beach, OR

Cannon Beach From Ecola Park, OR

The journey home was 90 minutes long and we were home by 2 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment