Sunday, June 25, 2000

Miami, FL to Denver, CO

I got out of the hostel early and got on to my 2 buses to Miami Airport. It took me an hour and a half to do so, and made me a tad nervous – like I always am when I want to be somewhere by a certain time and I’m not. I checked in (and, of course, had my bag inspected) and waited to board, when they called for volunteers to give up their seats, as the flight was overbooked. I was in no hurry, so stepped up. For my generosity I was given a later flight via Chicago. The leg from Miami to Chicago was to be in an exit seat, while the next leg would be in business class. I was also given a $400 travel voucher for the future. So I waited around for another 2 hours. The flight to Chicago was uneventful. 

I then had to wait at the airport for 5 hours before the next flight. Business class is the life. Beautiful chicken meal, wine, drink, real cutlery, my own television and all the space I need. How could I ever go back to economy? 

I arrived in Denver and caught a shuttle to the hostel, which is on 22nd Street, arriving at 10pm. It’s too late, and I’ve had it, to go anywhere so I call Amy before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment