Thursday, June 15, 2000

Harbour Island, Bahamas to Miami, FL

We got up early this morning to depart the guesthouse, as David’s brother is coming to stay. We take the buggy down to the Bahama Inn, where Reggae and Marie are staying tonight. We take the buggy around the island for one last trip before going back to the Inn and relaxing in the air-conditioned comfort. We walked down to the dock and ran into Cousin Suze and Kate, and entourage, having a picnic. We have our hamburgers again for lunch, and not long after I’m on a boat with Dwight, headed for North Eleuthra. There is a taxi waiting for me there and with in no time I’m at the airport. Unfortunately that leaves me with a lot of time on my hands and the 2 hour wait in the humid heat of the airport is a killer.

Marbs, Me & Reggae, Reluctant To Leave Paradise

Arty Hammock Shot

Last Guesthouse Picture, Harbour Island, Bahamas

The flight to Miami goes without a hitch – I’m not even questioned at customs. But getting from the airport to the hostel takes forever on the buses. I stay at the Clay Hostel again and, after getting my bags in my room, I go in search of a photo place to get my film developed. I walk up to Lincoln Road Mall, but to no avail. All of a sudden I hear a “Hutchy!” At first I don’t respond (I’m in Miami – who knows me here?). I turn around and it’s India. She’s here to take the dog to the vet and do some shopping. She’s back to the island tomorrow. I finally put my film in and grab a quick bite to eat before going back to my room.

I give Amy a call and as per usual we talk forever, as it has been a couple of days. So good to hear her voice. There is plenty going on in the next week, so tonight I stay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment