Friday, June 23, 2000

Miami, FL

We checked out of the hotel early, so as to take Marie and Reggae downtown for them to look around and do some shopping. It was a quick goodbye, which was a bit of a shame, so much so that no one had time to get emotional.

I drove back to South Beach, where I checked into the Miami Beach International Hostel. Once I got all my gear inside, I returned the car, which was way up on Washington and 44th Streets. I caught the bus back to Lincoln Mall and just wandered aimlessly around Washington and Collins Streets. It’s hot and sticky, as usual, and I would love to go for a swim, but there is some problem with a sewage leak that has closed the beaches.

I have dinner at a pizza place next to the hostel and meet an Aussie who lives in Miami (doing cash in hand work).

I just stayed in my room all night except for phone calls to Robbie and Amy – we tricked Robbie into believing he would be witnessing my wedding when he comes over in a few weeks. Back to my air-conditioned room for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment