Friday, June 16, 2000

Miami, FL to Kissimmee, FL

When I got up this morning I walked up to the photo lab to pick up my 4 Bahamas films, stopping at McDonalds for breakfast. The photos cost me a fortune and were a terrible quality but there wasn’t a lot I could do seeing as they had my negatives.

From here I walked down to Alameda, where I organized to hire a car for the next week. They told me the car would not be ready for a while, so I walked down Washington Street and then back up Collins Avenue. I stopped in some shops, looked around, checked the beach out, got caught in 2 storms and checked my email before going back to the car rental place. The car is a Mazda Protégé – and has no tape player – and also brand-new.

With 5 hours still to kill before I have to pick up Reggae and Marie, I decide to just go for a drive. I head downtown and continue south trying to stay as close to the coast as possible. I drive as far as Coconut Grove before turning around. Once I get back to Miami I head over to the beaches and drive north as far as the island goes. Once again I turn around and head back. This time stopping at North Miami Beach to enjoy the cooler weather of the evening sunset.

From here I head out to the airport, stopping to fuel and a phone call to Amy. Just after 9pm I made my way in and picked up the girls and we started our trip to Orlando. Within an hour we stop at Wendy’s so Reggae and Marie can have some dinner. We drive on and don’t reach our hotel in Kissimmee until 2.30am (4.5 hours later). Cousin Suze and Kim are already here and asleep in the next room. We will catch up with them in the morning on our way to Universal Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment