Monday, June 26, 2000

Denver, CO

My God it’s a cool day today. A long sleeve shirt and shoes are required.

Monday is a day when it seems everything is closed in Denver, so its pretty much a looking only day. I spend a fair amount of time walking up and down 16th Street Mall, just rubbernecking. I was going to go to the Mint, but the line put me off.

Instead I headed to the Denver Firefighter’s Museum, which is housed in the 2nd ever firehouse in Denver. The museum is full of old equipment and memorabilia, and includes dedications to the last 2 firefighters killed on duty in Denver. There were plenty of old horse-drawn carts and hand-held pumps to make it all very interesting.

I did the email thing before an early return to the hostel, where I did some reading and writing. I didn’t leave again as I didn’t feel the best. I was in bed early after talking to Amy for an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment