Thursday, June 29, 2000

Denver, CO to Boulder, CO

I decided to get some photos of Denver today before heading up to Boulder. I walked down to O’Reilly’s to cheap bacon and eggs breakfast, before going on to the Civic Center where I took some pictures of the Court House, State Capital, Art Gallery and surrounding gardens.

On the way back to the hostel, I stopped at the Hard Rock Café to pick up some pins for Dave and Melissa, and then checked my email.

I picked up my bag from the hostel and walked down to the bus depot. A 10 minute wait before the $3, 45 minute bus ride to Boulder. The drive is very scenic as we travel along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Going through downtown, I get a good feeling about this city and I’m glad I came.

From the bus stop it is an 8-block walk to Jen’s place. She’s not home when I get there but arrives shortly after. Her place is a sweet, 1 bedroom air-conditioned apartment. We hung out for the evening and then head to an Irish pub for dinner. I have the shepherd’s pie, which is awesome. We stick around for a couple of beers before heading home.

Jen is going to Boston tomorrow for a holiday, but has kindly offered to let me stay for as long as I like. I think I’ll stay for a few days just for the luxury of having time to myself. Once home I call Amy before heading to bed.  Jen leaves at 6am tomorrow so has given me the last minute instructions, as it is unlikely I will see her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment