Sunday, June 4, 2000

Portland, OR to Miami, FL

Left Amy’s early this morning to drive out to Portland Airport. Things were quiet in the car as neither of us wanted to be separated. We’ve been apart for 3 weeks since meeting, but it’s now 5 weeks before we will see each other again. The quick drop off at the airport didn’t leave any time for things to get emotional – as I was missing her the moment she drove off.

The flight to Denver was pretty uneventful, as I slept most of the way (although I made sure I was awake at feeding time). The leg from Denver to Miami was longer and bumpier, but all went well for our landing.

Once I grabbed my luggage, I caught the 2 buses to get me to South Beach, Miami and settle into a hostel 2 blocks from the beach. It was late when I got there, so I wandered down to have a look at the water, and picked up a bite to eat at KFC, and checked emails before heading back to the room. There are plenty of people around, but for some reason the city doesn’t feel the safest – maybe I’m just being paranoid. It also seems kind of unclean (probably because everything is concrete – no grass or trees except on the beach). I’m not bothered though as I am leaving tomorrow to become Bahama Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment