Tuesday, July 4, 2000

Boulder, CO to Salt Lake City, UT

Happy Independence Day! Well not really.

The cab picked me up at 7am for the $5 ride to the bus stop. I waited for late running bus and by 8.30am I was on my way to Cheyenne, Wyoming. The bus made a couple of stops along the way and pulled into Cheyenne at 11am. The next bus was supposed to leave 45 minutes later, but it was also an hour late – and packed to the rafters. I sat next to a young Oregonian guy named Vince and chatted most of the way. I hate Greyhound – and the 2 kids sitting in front of me who, for some reason, needed to put their seats all the way back, so my knees were up my nose. The trip to Salt Lake City is extremely uneventful. We make 3 stops – in Larime, Rawlins and Rock Springs (all in Wyoming). The scenery is merely rolling hills as far as the eye can see – and nothing else.

The bus pulled into Salt Lake City at 9pm, and I then walked up the hostel. Along the way I passed many families and blocked off streets, celebrating Fourth of July. I also past this amazing historical house, which had an American flag hanging of it which was at least 2 storeys high and nearly as wide as the house. I checked into the hostel and went straight to bed. I will start tomorrow off afresh and hope Salt Lake City is good value. Oh! And of course I rang Amy again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment