Wednesday, July 5, 2000

Salt Lake City, UT

Today will be an unorganized stroll through downtown. I leave the hostel at 10am and head west of the city, where I am keen just to look around. I stop at a small café for breakfast and then just wander aimlessly for a while. There is a Hard Rock Café here so I walk the 7 blocks east (then 5 blocks south) to buy some pins for Dave and Melissa. It’s a pleasant stroll, and while the weather is hot, it is not too bad.

I head back into downtown and pick up a local free paper to see what’s on. On Saturday the Vans Warped Tour is on (Green Day, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Nofx, Supersuckers etc) so I decide that if I can get tickets I will stay and extra 2 days. The ticket outlet is 2 blocks further away from where I just came from. So out I go again, stopping along the way to check my email. Tickets are only $27, so not a problem. I grab some fruit and water on my way back to the hostel and, once there, extend my stay for an extra 2 nights.

I spend the evening writing in my diary and hanging out with a German girl (who’s name I didn’t get) and Chris (a Swiss guy who is traveling around the US). I made my nightly call to Amy, who was on her way out, but we talked for longer later in the night. 8 days before I see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment