Saturday, July 8, 2000

Salt Lake City, UT to Las Vegas, NV

Vans Warped! Rock! Here I come. Well so I thought – but on with the story.

I left the hostel at noon and down 2nd and North Avenues for 75 minutes to the Utah State Fairgrounds. Here I lined up for half an hour to get in. I am looking forward to seeing The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Supersuckers and Lunachicks in particular. When I hand over my ticket, security searches my camera bag and refuses me entry and the basis that I have a “professional camera”. Protests fell on deaf ears and without baggage storage my only option is to sell my ticket and head back to the hostel. To make matters worse it rained on me on the walk back.

On the way back to the hostel I change my Greyhound ticket to the 5.30pm bus this evening, instead of the one I had reserved for tomorrow morning – all done out of spite. Once back at the hostel I checked out, but am still charged for the room, and make my way back down to the bus station. I stop at Crossroads again for lunch.

At the Greyhound I met Stephan, a German guy on his way to Flagstaff. The bus leaves and hour late and is unexciting all the way to Vegas, although Stephan is good company. We arrived in Vegas at 2am, after sleeping the last 20 minutes. I jump in a cab to Spooners and arrive to find them in the spa with Coronas waiting. The Spooners know me too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment