Friday, November 13, 2009

Terrigal, NSW to Neutral Bay, NSW

On the morning of the 12th, Kel drove me to Tuggerah station so I could catch the train to Chatswood. Here I wandered around the mall, did some emailing and had a beer at the Orchard (where I used to go when I worked for Centrelink) before meeting up with Barnesy and heading back to his place in Neutral Bay. We walked up the hill to The Oaks for dinner and a couple of drinks. We were joined by Reggae & Phil - which guarantees a good night. Thankfully the walk back down to Greg's was much easier.

Greg had gone to work by the time I got up. I wandered down to catch the ferry over to Circular Quay, where I tried to go to a few old record store favorites, but Red Eye was the only place still around. I walked to the other end to have lunch with Reggae. 

After lunch I walked through Hyde Park to try and see the War Memorial, but it was closed. I did, however, go to Hyde Park Barracks and looked around. Funny how history is more interesting now that I am into Genealogy. I vaguely remember coming here as a kid for a school excursion, but that's all I remember. Having said that, it is one of the creepiest museums I've been in. 

I walked in the rain through the Botanic Gardens, past the Opera House and back to Circular Quay, where I caught the ferry back to Neutral Bay. Here I quickly shower and change and get on the ferry back to Circular Quay again to meet up with Tammy, Anthony, Greg and Jill at Rockpool Bar & Grill on Hunter Street. Dinner was fantastic - as was the company. After dinner we stopped at Jill’s Office, so she could pick up some luggage (she'd just got back from Singapore that morning). From there we caught a cab back to Greg and Jill's over the Harbour Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment