Saturday, November 7, 2009

Concord West, NSW to Mosman, NSW

Early Saturday morning Trish drove me to Strathfield station, where I caught the train to North Sydney. There I was picked up by Bob, and taken back to his and Linda's Mosman Home. 

Dave arrived during the morning and the 4 of us took a cab to Randwick for a day at the races. We met up with Greg & Jill, Suze & Brad and their friend Claire, Graham Hart (who I hadn't seen in 10 years) and his wife, as well as Anthony. A great day was had by all, especially me, I won on a horse racing in Race 6 at Flemington. All American come in at 40/1 and paid $260. All the signs pointed to me backing this horse. The name (if that doesn't say Amy, what does?), black and gold colors of the jockey (same as the Wests Tigers), and his fathers name was Reg Ransom (Amy's middle name). Jill also picked it as well. I also won on 3rd place Handsome Stash in Sydney's 5th race. 

We left and went to Doncaster in Kensington for drinks. Again it had been years since I'd been here - and it had been done up nicely. We walked past UNSW into Kensington to have dinner at Dong Dong Noodle (a places the Upcrofts had been before). What a fantastic meal! And cheap - in Sydney. 4 of us jumped in a cab back to Upcofts to finish the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment