Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Salamander Bay, NSW to Bateau Bay, NSW

We left Salamander Bay at around 10am, headed back to the Bateau Bay. On the way home we stopped at The Oaks in Hexam. This is a place we had stopped many times as kids on one of our many trips up the north coast. However this is nothing like I remembered. Although the name remains, it is now merely a Hungry Jacks, and not the great rest stop I remember. 

After we arrived back at Mum's, I walked around to see Nan & Grandad Fay. I love the fact that I still have the opportunity to visit with my grandparents, though they are not quite themselves after the recent loss of Uncle Gary. Still, I'll take every minute I can. Mum picked me up and we bought some fish and chips to eat at Shelly Beach. This is one of most favorite rituals to do when I come home, even if it was way too cold to be sitting in the wind at the beach. Tonight I stayed at Mums - the house I grew up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment