Tuesday, September 29, 1998

Oban, Scotland to Glasgow, Scotland

I got up this morning and headed out for some breakfast. After eating I headed back to the hostel to wait for the afternoon’s Haggis bus. On the way I stopped to buy a film for my camera, only to find out there was no money in my wallet. Someone must have lifted the £60 from my wallet when I left it in the pillow case when I went to the bathroom this morning. I was livid, but three was nothing I could do. Damn hassle! I couldn’t believe it happened with only a week to go, after five months of no trouble at all. Oh well!

I got on the bus bound for Glasgow. It made a stop at Loch Lomond, which had a beautiful converted castle as its youth hostel. I was tempted to stay at this magnificent place, bit a lack of things to do kept me on the bus.

The bus arrived in Glasgow at 4.30 pm and four of us (Kathy, Yvonne, Ania and I) went to Berkely Backpackers to check in for two nights. We all went for a walk through the main shopping center in town before stopping at a pub, Shenanigans, for dinner. This was a cheap two-course meal, which was the nicest meal I’ve had for a while.

After dinner we went looking for an internet place, which saw us wandering around in the dark for an hour before we came across one. I read and sent messages for half an hour before we headed back to the hostel for an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment