Thursday, September 17, 1998

London, England

Once again, nothing was planned for today. It’s as though this week is our holiday within our travels.

I did, however, get my act together enough to book a trip around Scotland with Haggis Backpackers. It’s a hop-on-hop-off service as well – so it will be my own mini-Eurobus.

When I get to town, I also purchase my return ticket to Edinburgh on the bus, which will leave on Sunday night from Victoria.

I head to Leicester Square, where I spend my time looking through record stores and book shops on Charing Cross Road.

I want to head to Trafalgar Square to go to the National Museum, but I’m not sure how to get there. Besides, I said I would meet Reggae for lunch, so I got back on the tube to make my way to London Bridge.

We met up at noon, and Cousin Suze, Lisa, Cam, Bert and Reggae were there, as well as a few of Reggae’s work mates (including Duncan from Sidcup). After a couple of drinks, the locals headed back to work while us tourists decided to head on home.

We stopped for some take away in Streatham Hill for a late lunch before settling in for an afternoon of television watching.

Tonight, Lisa and Cousin Suze took charge of dinner, cooking everyone spaghetti bolognaise. Tonight no one could be bothered doing anything so we all stayed at home. Luke, Kern and Beck arrived back today from their adventures in Egypt, so it was good to catch up with them, as they head off to Octoberfest in Munich tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment