Sunday, September 20, 1998

London, England to Edinburgh, Scotland

Talk about lazy days. I was up until 2.30 am with Reggae and Ange Petic (who has just got back from Portugal) just chatting and watching bad television.

This morning I crawled out of bed at 10.30am to the sounds of people cleaning, so I got up and did my share.

Midday, Reggae and I went to a local cafĂ© for a big fry up. The food was great and it’s good to do something with just one person in the house (instead of organizing a million) even if it’s only for an hour or so. I helped her with some shopping afterwards and we headed back to the Castle for an afternoon on their roof in the sun. When we got back her friend, Ange from the Mansions, had turned up so the three of us were joined by Kelly, Lisa and Cousin Suze. We stayed up there until about six pm, when it started getting a bit too cool.

I went and made sure everything was right for my trip this evening.

I left the flat at eight pm and had 45 minutes to wait until the bus left for Edinburgh.

It took over an hour to just get on the freeway and it wasn’t long after that, that I was asleep thanks to the Normasson. I had a restless night but slept through our two scheduled service stops – which was a blessing. Luckily, I had a seat to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment