Monday, August 28, 2000

Washington, DC to New York, NY

We get up and catch a cab to Union station.  Here I am on the Greyhound to New York and Amy is on Amtrak back to Charlotte.  Saying goodbye (again) is tough, but it is made slightly easier by the fact that she will be coming to England sometime within the next 6 – 8 weeks.  

The bus is an uneventful 3½ hour drive, most of which I was asleep.  I arrived at the terminal in New York right near Times Square and then spent most of the afternoon looking for a place to stay.  Three hostels, Big Apple, Banana Bungalow & the YHA were either full or closed.  Eventually I found a bed at Central Park North, on 109th Street, just outside Harlem.  I do a quick walk to the Tourist Info before heading back to the hostel.  I stayed in for the evening as money is getting fairly low.

No comments:

Post a Comment