Thursday, August 3, 2000

Grand Canyon National Park, AZ to Flagstaff, AZ

We were up and packed early on our way to Flagstaff.  It is just under a 2 hour drive and once we get there it is straight to the doctor’s for me as I have been suffering stomach pains for the last couple of weeks.  Turns out the pain is caused by an Inguinal Hernia.  I am going to need operating on eventually, but considering it initially cost me $AUS156 just to see this doctor I may wait until I get to England to have this done.  It is nothing urgent, though keeps me in a constant state of discomfort.  I did get a prescription for pain killers in case things got worse. 

We drove around town for a while looking for lunch, but temporarily abandoned plans due to a hail storm.  Once the storm passed we went to an Irish pub for a fish and chip lunch.  After lunch we walked around some of the shops in town.  We then drove south to Sedona and Cottonwood for a look around.  The area surrounding Sedona was beautiful, and the drive there through the desert was something else – like nothing I’d seen.  The Arizona desert is a lot more picturesque than the Nevada desert.  The town itself is very touristy and we did not stop, again hindered by another thunderstorm.

We drove back to Flagstaff and stayed the night in an Economy Lodge.  Across the street was Sizzlers, where we had dinner, before a peaceful night back at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment