Friday, April 14, 2000

San Francisco, CA

Another late start sees me wake up in time to walk down to Casi’s work and have lunch with her, Jill and Mike at a Vietnamese restaurant – Size. After lunch, Casi gave me a tour of her office. She has an awesome view of the city and the Bay.

I then walked down to California Street to catch my first cable car. I caught it all the way up to Grace Cathedral, which is a large gothic-style church. (It’s front doors are a replica of Florence’s Duomo Baptistery). A chat to the priest and some photos and I was off to the shopping district on the cable car – all of five minutes here I was back on the cable car headed towards Broadway.

Grace Cathedral, San Francisco

By the time I got back to the hostel I only had time to change and get back downstairs before Casi arrived to take me on our night out. We caught up with Naags and a huge bunch of their friends to go to the Blind Tiger, then Bings, then on and on for a great night out. It almost came to an end early when I got stopped for ID at a bar (me out of twenty of us), but not to be deterred, I went back to the hostel to get my passport and continue the raucous night until the early hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment