Monday, April 24, 2000

Reno, NV to San Francisco, CA

I woke up stiff and sore, as a Daewoo Lanos is not much bigger than my old 121, so although I slept well, it has been a long time since I was that uncomfortable.

I restarted my trip early in the morning on another pleasant day. Mind you, with no radio, this is a long trip. The drive was relatively uneventful except that I got pulled over for speeding on the south side of Lake Tahoe. I was doing 50 mph unknowingly in a 35 zone. The cop was nice enough to let me off with a warning.

Came into San Francisco via the Bay Bridge and checked back into the Green Tortoise before taking the car back to the airport. Once again I was on the bus back into town. This time when I got off I immediately started with the tourist thing and wandered the streets. I went looking for the Cartoon Museum, but could not find it.

That evening I caught up with Naags and his family (Mr & Mrs Naags, Josh and Belinda, and Chris' Uncle Graham and Aunty Wendy) at an Italian restaurant right near the hostel.  Had an early night tonight, which is a blessing after the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment