Thursday, October 1, 1998

Glasgow, Scotland to Edinburgh, Scotland

This morning I checked out of the hostel and took my backpack up to the youth hostel where the bus picks up in the afternoon.

I walked through Kelvingrove Park to the museum. There was a small guided tour through the museum, which was basically an elderly volunteer telling us which paintings she did and did not like. Once that was complete, I had a look around for myself. There were paintings there by Monet, De Gas, De Goya, Whistler and Velazquez to name a few. Other areas of the museum had a dinosaur display, South Pacific art and an Armory, which had a full-size Storm Trooper suit.

After the museum I had enough time to grab some lunch before heading back to the hostel for the bus to pick us up.

It took only an hour to get to Edinburgh and we were dropped off at the Belford Hostel, an old converted church, just on the edge of the city. We ended up staying at the Tron Hostel in the old town, before kicking on to a couple of pubs in the Grassmarket area. There was me, Adam, Andy, Yvonne, Kathy, Catherine, Carol from Ireland, and Rick and Eve from New Zealand. It ended up being a really good night, that wrapped up at two am.

No comments:

Post a Comment