Sunday, October 29, 2023

Les Claypools Frog Brigade @ Fillmore



So while I love a good Primus show, I actually came tonight so that Tuesday's Mudhoney show would be my 500th.  Having said that, I liked Claypool Lennon Delirium when I saw them open for The Flaming Lips 4 years ago.

Except for The Beat's cover of Mirror In the Bathroom, the first 5 songs were long jam-bandy, and not really what I was hoping for.  I was pretty surprised when the band walked off stage then.  It didn't take long before they were back on stage and broke into Pink Floyd's Pigs On The Wing Part I.  Not only was that amazing, but they then proceeded to play the whole Animal's album.  Suddenly I knew some songs and the show picked up.  It wasn;'t till the finished Pigs II, and had a short break, they I found out the guitar player with his face partially hidden by hat and hair, has Sean Lennon.  I didn't know he played in this band as well.  5 more songs from Claypools' other incarnations of bands finished off the set.  Finally the night finished off with only Cosmic Highway as the encore.  For me this show didn't carry the joy that a Primus show would, but to hear Pink Floyd's Animals being played live was pretty special in the gamut of concert experiences.

Les Claypool's Frog Brigade Setlist

The Crap Facts:
This is my 499th concert.
This is my 30th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 105th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 126th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 300th concert in the USA.
Les Claypools Frog Brigade are the 576th band I've seen.
Les Claypools Frog Brigade are the 50th different band I've seen at the Fillmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment