Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Flogging Molly & The Bronx @ Fillmore



This is my 7th concert in the last 3 weeks - I'm WAYYYY too old for this.  Made the most of some free tickets and took the Steves to see some mid week Dad Rock.

I wanted to make sure I was there early to see The Bronx.  This has been my first chance to see them since they opened for The Descendants at this venue 6 years ago.  (They clashed with Ride at Riot Fest last week - decisions were made).  Man, this band is so good!  Front man Matt Caughthran is a punk rock showman.  When a wary crowd didn't dance enough, his encouragement bought them out of their shell.  His climb into the crowd half way through the set, was enough to get the place rocking for the rest of the set.  The driving hard rock/punk sound of the band is music to my ears.  I can't wait till these guys come through town again - which seems to happen regularly in spite of the 6 year gap between show.

Steve R suggested this show and Steve T was happy to come along.  I saw some of Flogging Molly's set last weekend and was impressed by how much better they sounded tonight.  While I don't know any of their songs, around us (mid way back in the Fillmore) people were into it.  For me, that violin/banjo/accordion sound gets a bit samey after a while, but tonight's show was a good one.  Dave King has a very good repoire with the audience, but I'm pretty sure that those coming to a Flogging Molly show know that this "next song is about Ireland".  Not as great as their Salvage Station shows a couple of years ago, but a fun night and good show all the same.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 495th concert.
This is my 29th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 102nd concert in Charlotte.
This is my 122nd concert in North Carolina.
This is my 296th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd The Bronx concert.
This is my 4th Flogging Molly concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment