Monday, May 28, 2012

Punk Rock Bowling @ 6th Street


Unfortunately I was only here for 2 bands on the 3rd day.  GBH played some old school hardcore punk, but I wasn't that into it.

GBH Setlist Punk Rock Bowling 2012 2012


I was there for Pennywise.  This was my 7th time seeing them, but the first with their new singer Zoli.  I'm a huge fan of this band live but sightly skeptical of seeing them without Jim Lindberg.  Plenty of familiar songs, with Society, Perfect People and Black Flag's Nervous Breakdown highlights.  But finally I got to hear my favorite Pennywise song, Same Old Story, live.  I think Pennywise will continue strong.  After years of probably watching Lindberg, Zoli has developed a similar style that is not his own yet.  Once he settles in, and fans get over the fact that the new singer is here to stay, Pennywise will be their awesome selves again.

I hope not to be in Vegas by this time next year (9 years has been enough so far), but if I am, I'll be back for PRB.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 332nd concert.
This is my 3rd concert at 6th Street.
This is my 128th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 128th concert in Nevada.
This is my 140th concert in the USA.
GBH are the 399th band I've seen.
GBH is the 50th time I've seen an English band.
This is my 7th Pennywise concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment