Friday, June 15, 2012

Weezer @ Mandalay Bay Beach



After a year and a half, it’s Weezer again. Back at the Joint when they were doing the Memories Tour, playing the Blue Album and Pinkerton, it seemed like they were going through the motions. But tonight it was back to fun.

I love the Mandalay Bay Beach as a venue, standing ankle deep in the water relatively close to the stage, in the warm weather. How can you go wrong? The Hills and I had a great spot right in front – on a slight raise with no obstructions.

My Name Is Jonas, Hash Pipe and Undone – The Sweater Song early on the piece was a great start. The band were having a blast, and the crowd was as well. Also loved Island In The Sun, (the rarely played) Susanne and Surf Wax America. The piece de resistance though was a cover of Poison’s Talk Dirty To Me. After a quick break, Weezer finished the show with a great ending of Buddy Holly and Beverly Hills. Overall 19 songs and a fun show, but Weezer were on stage under 75 minutes. You’d think after being together for so long and Joe Public forking over $50 plus, you’d be able to play a little longer. Nice work if you can get it. Just saying!

Weezer Setlist Mandalay Bay Beach, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2012, 2012 Tour


The Crap Facts:
This is my 333rd concert.
This is my 2nd concert at Mandalay Bay Beach.
This is my 129th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 129th concert in Nevada.
This is my 141st concert in the USA.
This is my 3rd Weezer concert..

No comments:

Post a Comment