Sunday, May 27, 2012

Punk Rock Bowling @ 6th Street


For some reason security were unable to get people in at a timely rate on the 2nd night, so we missed Street Dogs and the first few songs of Hepcat.  With their swing-ska style Hepcat made for a casual start in the cooler weather this evening. 

Up next were the Cockney Rejects – the Godfather’s Of Oi!.  These East Londoners gave all in their hardcore set.  While it wasn’t quite my cup of tea, it was a blistering set.  I loved their football songs (which none of the crowd seemed to get), Trouble On The Terraces and West Ham’s unofficial theme I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles. 

Last band for the night was Rancid.  I can’t get enough of these guys live.  They are a great band, who put on a fantastic show, and fans aren’t afraid to show their appreciation for what they do on the stage.  Rancid's punk gives you no choice but to dance.  Their love of their music is infectious.  All the way through the set the band played great song after great song.  Roots Radicals and Olympia, WA were standouts.  And the encore with Time Bomb and Ruby Soho left me wanting for more.  That will have to wait for tomorrow night.

Rancid Setlist Punk Rock Bowling 2012 2012


The Crap Facts:
This is my 331st concert.
This is my 2nd concert at 6th Street.
This is my 127th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 127th concert in Nevada.
This is my 139th concert in the USA.
Hepcat are the 397th band I've seen.
Cockney Rejects are the 398th band I've seen.
This is my 4th Rancid concert.
Rancid are the 200th time I've seen a band in Las Vegas and Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment