Friday, May 11, 2012

RM Seafood & Santana @ House of Blues


Before I had gotten the freebies to Elton, I had bought tickets for Santana to take Mum for Mother’s Day.  Santana is a childhood holiday memory for me.  Mum and dad always had Santana (and The Who) in the car as we headed north on a car-breaking-down holiday.  I had seen Santana before at the New Joint, but am looking forward to seeing him in the smaller House Of Blues.

We started off the night sitting up at the bar at RM Seafood.  Great restaurant right across way from the House Of Blues.  I think mum now understands how lucky we are here with all the dining options.

The show seemed packed in the seating, but there was plenty of room on the floor, closest to the stage, where we were.  This is to advantage of my 5ft mother.

While his guitar playing is amazing, Santana does not have an exuding stage presence – standing back from the stage and rarely interacting with the crowd.  We got some early classics - Black Magic Woman and Oye Como Va - set the crowd alight.  Tonight he played a lot of songs I was not familiar with, but mum was having a great time, which was the whole plan.  Near the end, I loved Jingo & Evil Ways and the crowd went nuts for Smooth.  A great night seeing another great performer / legend.

Santana Setlist House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV, USA, An Intimate Evening with Santana 2012



The Crap Facts:
This is my 329th concert.
This is my 42nd concert at House Of Blues.
This is my 125th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 125th concert in Nevada.
This is my 137th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Santana concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment