Friday, October 17, 2025

P.O.D. @ Skyla CU Amphitheater

This was an unexpected show.  I was working but not in my usual spot at the top of the stairs.  (We were short staff).  Instead I was down in the usher area when POD came on, so in between guiding people to their seats I got to see most of the show.  What is most surprising, was how many songs I knew.

Boom! kicked off the set.  And set the tone for the night.  It was good....even in daylight.  Mid set we got a cover of The Beatles Don't Let Me Down.  It definitely better than I would have expected.  The band was appreciative of all the support they were getting for those who showed up early.  And the crowd was really digging it.  Youth Of The Nation was up next, and it is a song I forgot I knew.  It definitely was a crowd favorite.  As the opener of 3 bands, POD were only allowed 9 songs, but Alive to finish the night was superb.   This is their most known song, and from the reaction of the audience, it is absolutely a favorite.  I'd never considered seeing POD before, but after this performance I'd keep an eye out for them again.

I was back at the top of the stairs for Daughtry and Seether and my attention was taken away from the music all night.  And there was a break I got not long after Seether came on.  Because I'm not familiar with either band, no songs really registered with me while I was helping guests.

P.O.D. Setlist

The Crap Facts
This is my 535th concert.
This is my 24th concert at Skyla CU Amphitheater.
This is my 131st concert in Charlotte.
This is my 156th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 335th concert in the USA.
P.O.D. are the 628th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment