I can't believe it's been 7 years since Black Rebel Motorcycle Club have been close enough for me to go and see. Their show in 2018 was a pearler.
The Orange Peel filled up for the show and I got there early enough to catch the last half of Humanist. There is a dark Depeche Mode influence in this sound, but not what I was really into tonight.
Humanist's sound did blend well with BRMC playing their 3rd album, Howl, celebrating its 20th anniversary. I don't know why this album escaped me, as I loved the first 2, but there was definitely a different sound to what I expect from BRMC. More atmospheric and moody, not the straight forward rock I was used to. So for me, the first half of the show was a slow start. Once I heard Red Eyes and Tears, everything changed. I think the band felt the same. The crowd definitely did. BRMC seemed more relaxed and ready to blaze into the night. And they did! Every song got better. And the crowd really started to get into it. White Palms was good. Berlin was excellent! Whatever Happened to My Rock & Roll was almost an out of body experience. And Spread Your Love.... This song sits in my Fave 40 playlist. I can't hear it often enough. And tonight was as good as I've ever heard it, except that 1 time they played it in the Cosmopolitan, when the casino was using it in it's commercials. One more song from Howl, Open Invitation, calmed the crowd down before being unleased back on the Asheville night.
This is the 3rd show I've seen in Asheville since the devastating Hurricane Helene 13 months ago. and the town is still struggling. There were not many people around before the show (I had another good meal at Farmburger) and I grabbed a quick breakfast before driving home, and it was like walking through a ghost town. I hope things get better for this great place.
The Crap Facts
This is my 533rd concert.
This is my 6th concert at The Orange Peel.
This is my 17th concert in Asheville.
This is my 154th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 333rd concert in the USA.
Humanist are the 626th band I've seen.
This is my 5th Black Rebel Motorcycle Club concert.
This is my 6th concert at The Orange Peel.
This is my 17th concert in Asheville.
This is my 154th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 333rd concert in the USA.
Humanist are the 626th band I've seen.
This is my 5th Black Rebel Motorcycle Club concert.
No comments:
Post a Comment