Friday, April 15, 2022

The Darkness @ Neighborhood Theatre


So in complete contrast to last night, tonight the Neighborhood Theatre was packed.  I arrived during the first song and had problems finding a spot to watch the show.  I settled for a spot on the side of the stage.  I usually like to be in front, but there was no chance of that tonight.

I'll admit I was here for 1 song - the only one I knew - but The Darkness were a band well worth seeing.  Their showmanship was second to none.  From the cock rock moves (guitar solos walking to the front of the stage, strumming and pointing, the outfits) to the great banter with the crowd to the energy driving song after song performance, there was barely a still person in the house all night long.  

While I didn't know any songs, I really liked Friday Night and the show finishing Get Your Hands Off My Woman.  And of course the 1 song encore of I Believe In A Thing Called Love was what I was here for.  And it didn't disappoint!  Stopping the song early to encourage the crowd to put away their phones and cut loose - the audience willingly obliged, leaving everyone in a sweaty mess as they left the venue abuzz.  

I remember umming and ahhing about seeing the Darkness 4 years ago when they played the Underground.  For reasons I can't remember, I didn't go.  In hindsight that was probably a bad decision.  I read an article a couple of days ago quoting Gene Simmons saying that rock is dead.  He obviously hasn't seen a Darkness show lately.


The Crap Facts:
This is my 473rd concert.
This is my 9th concert at Neighborhood Theatre.
This is my 91st show in Charlotte.
This is my 107th show in North Carolina.
This is my 276th concert in the US.
The Darkness are the 548th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment