Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Dinosaur Jr @ Orange Peel, Asheville, NC


Another Dinosaur Jr show.  And another drive to Asheville (the 2nd in 2 weeks).  Had a really smooth drive up there - I love my new dad van!  I had dinner with the family in Charlotte first and arrived as Easy Action were finishing their last song.  Was bummed.  They were pretty good earlier this year in Carborro.

As usual Dinosaur Jr straggled on stage to not a lot of fan fare, and in went the earplugs.  Not sure if I was tired from the drive, but it took a while for me to get into it tonight.  All the right ingredients were there.  I was 4 rows from the stage, right in front of J Mascis, and the crowd was a good enough size that everyone had their own space.  But it wasn't until Out There that I started really enjoying the night.  Fell The Pain was frenetic and wild.  It was also great to hear Get Me and Start Choppin' again - Where You Been is my favorite Dinosaur Album.  And before the set finished with Gargoyle, they played an all time favorite song - Freak Scene.  I got goosebumps - again!  A 2 song encore was topped off with another blistering version of the Stooges TV Eye with Easy Actions' drummer and singer joining the fray.

I'm so grateful to see one of my favorite bands twice in one year, even if I had to drive a combined 500 miles to see them - and on a school night (thank you wifey and Uber job).  If my ears hold out I hope this is the 8th of many more Dinosaur Jr shows I get to see.

Dinosaur Jr. Setlist The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC, USA 2017, Get a Glimpse of What Yer Not

The Crap Facts:
This is my 431st concert.
This is my 2nd concert at The Orange Peel.
This is my 6th concert in Asheville.
This is my 74th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 237th concert in the USA.
This is my 8th Dinosaur Jr concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment