Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Charlotte, NC to Oxnard, CA

Well here we go. A test I've been dreading for a long time. It's not that I don't want to go home- it's been 5 years and I'm more than ready. Plus the boys get to meet my family. It's the flying. Not only do I not like flying that much, this is a long way. And who knows how the boys will take to it. I am very happy we decided to break the trip up into 2 legs each way. I hope that helps. On the plus side, I can't wait to see everyone, get the boys to meet Lucy & Max - their cousins, the summer weather, and eat the good food I grew up on but can't get here in the US.

One leg of flying down and completely uneventful. It helps we had 1st class in US Airways and were fed and the boys each have an iPad to keep them amused (how did people do this before this technology?). In LA there is a long wait at Hertz before we can get on our way to Oxnard, where we will stay at AC's. Fortunately it's an easy drive to Oxnard and the boys get a nap in. AC is not home until Friday, so we have the run of the place. After take away for dinner from Pirates Bay, it is a early night in for this exhausted family.


Me & Leland


Barrett & Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment