Friday, December 26, 2014

Bateau Bay, NSW

This morning we took the boys down to The Entrance water park. (Now that it was working again). The boys were in the water for ever and then enjoyed rides on the Carousel and slides. Thank goodness Nanny is there to spoil them.  One of the highlights of this trip has been that my Mum has had the time off work to hang out with us the whole time.  Getting time off in retail at Christmas is no mean feat, and I'm appreciative of her bosses giving her this time.  Unfortunately it will cost us her trip to Charlotte in April, but we'll take what we can get.  Not sure I've mentioned this, but it is amazing to see the boys on the carousel with my mum.  Nan used to take me on the same carousel when I was a kid.  And mum used to ride it when they'd come for summer holidays during her childhood.  We don't have anything in the way of family traditions, but this is one that I have a great fondness for.

B&L at The Entrance Water Park

On the way home we had to stop at Lakeside Plaza for some grocery shopping before a quiet afternoon at home.  Later in the day, Amy and I went down to The Bateau to catch up with The Marhes, Steve and Buddah (and his new partner Panos).  Was a great afternoon sitting in the beer garden having a few beers and catching up.  It's been 15 years since I'd seen Steve.  Hard to believe his kids are in high school.  Buddah is as crazy as ever, and Luke and family are doing great.  Loving Melbourne, but enjoying the Coast for Christmas.  Sadly we all showed our age when the kids and partners left, as we all had to move closer to the TV to watch the cricket.  Getting old.  However, the ultimate age insult was that Steve's daughter was the one that drove us home.

No comments:

Post a Comment