Monday, December 29, 2014

Bateau Bay, NSW

Today I wanted to spend some time with Nan Fay.  In the last year and a half I've lost Granddad Fay and Nanna Hutch, so any time spent from now on with Nanna Fay is precious.  I drove her out to Palmdale, where Granddad Fay is buried.  I hate that I didn't come home for his funeral, but I wanted to make sure that I got out to see where he is.  It's also a good thing for Nan.  Such a mixed day for feelings.  I miss all my grandparents, alive or not, so to be with Nan (on my own - awesome) where Granddad is laid to rest (sad) made for a emotional day.  We sat at the cafe at Palmdale and just hung out and talked in the good weather.  It will be hard to say goodbye to her when we leave.  We went back to her place and spent the afternoon doing the thing she loved, watching the cricket. A good day for me.

Granddad Fay's Plaque at Palmdale

Late in the afternoon, Amy, the boys and I drove around to have dinner with Dad, Manuia and Kathleen.  I can't believe dad's place.  It is literally on the Wamberal  Beach.  Only 20 yards of grass separate the unit from the sand.  Salmon and a mango salad was a perfect dinner for a summer's eve.  I wish the surf hadn't been so rough so we could have let the boys have a swim.  

Wrapping up this holiday is starting to get hard.  Only a few days left to spend with everyone, and who knows when we'll get to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment