Monday, September 30, 2013

Surfer Blood @ Visulite

Unfortunately tonight's show, crowd wise, is a complete contrast to the night I saw the Surfer Blood open for the Foals here in May.  This Monday night hardly bought out 50 people to see another great, if not extremely short, show from Surfer Blood.  Flying solo, I myself only decided at the last minute to go to the show and literally walked in the door, got a beer and a spot down the front and the band came on.  They seemed more comfortable on stage this time, probably because the weren't avoiding the Foals' gear.  I only knew the songs from Astro Coast, but the unknown songs, presumably from the brand new Pythons, were just as good.  John Paul's wander through the crowd during Take It Easy was as endearing as it was awkward.  My only detraction from the show was its length.  I know I live really close to the Visulite but to be out the door, see a show and back in the house within an 1 1/4 hours is pretty disappointing.

Surfer Blood Setlist Visulite Theatre, Charlotte, NC, USA 2013


The Crap Facts:
This is my 365th concert.
This is my 3rd concert at Visulite.
This is my 16th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 17th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 173rd concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Surfer Blood concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment