Sunday, October 13, 2013

Danzig & Butcher Babies @ The Fillmore


25 years of Danzig!  Man, I'm getting old!  I remember hearing Danzig III and then jut soaking up as much as I could.  This is now my 6th Danzig show (in 9 years) and 3rd where Doyle has been with him.  This band still knows how to put on a show.  And loyal fans, from the Misfits on, soak it up.

I think the Butcher Babies had just taken the stage when I walked in the door.  It was a brutal sound from the start, and my first reaction was "How did I forget those earplugs I bought specifically for this reason?".  I generally don't listen to stuff this heavy anymore, so wasn't really my cup of tea.  But is was nice to see and hear 2 women giving their all with their metal growl and scream.  It seems like they have a good following and a great repoire with the crowd.  And I give props to any band that gets off stage and then works their own merch stand.

It was near 10pm when Danzig hit the stage.  This is the least amount of people I've seen at the 5 shows at the Fillmore, but the loudest when a band came on.  It took Glenn a couple of songs to get into the swing, but once that undeniable Danzig sound of Twist Of Cain started this show rocked. Dirty Black Summer was great and How The Gods Kill is favorite and was superb.  After about 50 minutes Danzig took a break and the ginormous Doyle prowled onto the stage to help tear through 7 Misfits songs.  Skulls & Night Of The Living Dead were the only 2 songs I recognized, but this mini-set definitely re-energized both band and crowd.  After the Man/Mountain left the stage we got 2 more Danzig songs, including the awesome Mother, which the crowd sand over the band.  Just when You thought you'd seen it all, they come out for the encore and rip apart Do You Wear The Mark, before Doyle has one last appearance with Astro Zombies.

I thought it was not going to go well in the beginning and the Danzig may have past their used by date, but after 2 songs I couldn't be any more wrong.  This is another awesome show and I can wait for my 7th (one day).

Danzig Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2013, Danzig 25th Anniversary Tour


The Crap Facts:
This is my 366th concert.
This is my 5th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 17th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 18th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 174th concert in the USA.
Butcher Babies are the 434th band I've seen.
This is my 6th Danzig concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment