Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rancid & Tim Timebomb @ The Fillmore


It was as if the forces were working against me to get to this show.  I wanted to get in to see Tim Timebomb & Friends (Tim Armstrong pulling double duty) but as I'm walking out the door, a neighbor needs a lift to the hospital as it appears his 4 year old has attempt a couch headstand only for the dismount to fail with him nearly breaking a coffee table with his nose.  Poor kid was a mess, but his dad had it under control.  After driving them to the hospital (only a mile away) and walking home I get in the car to take off.  It's only halfway there that I realize I have forgotten tickets.  Really!  Serves me right.

However I made it in the door as Tim Timebomb were playing their first song.  A good hour of punk and ska covers and originals was a great warm up for what was to come.  From NoFX's Bob, to California Sun to an Operation Ivy cover, I'm so glad I made it in time.

I will forever argue that there is no such thing as a bad Rancid show.  This is my 5th Rancid show, and I never leave unhappy.  With Roots Radicals being the opener, a surprisingly not sold out crowd starts a wild 29 song set.  All my faves got played, Fall Back Down, Olympia WA, and Time Bomb to finish off the set. Again, this year, I am at a show celebrating a milestone for a band (20 years of Rancid), yet they perform like youngsters who are ready to impress for the first time.  Great energy!  A 3 song blast encore ends with Ruby Soho - just the song to get a bunch of people buzzing before leaving the show and begin craving the return of Rancid.  I am definitely one of them.

Rancid Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2013


The Crap Facts:
This is my 361st concert.
This is my 2nd concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 12th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 13th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 169th concert in the USA.
Tim Timebomb are the 429th band I've seen.
Tim Timebomb are the 350th time I've seen an American band.
This is my 5th Rancid concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment