Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mudhoney & Cheap Time @ Tremont Music Hall


Why has it been nearly 15 years since I've seen Mudhoney?  That is ridiculous!  I suppose the just don't play in Sydney, northern England or Vegas.  Mind you, this is their first ever show in Charlotte - on their 25th Anniversary tour.  Anyway I'm glad to be back a the Tremont seeing them again.

Cheap Time opened and I arrived not long after they started.  It felt like they were going through the motions, but the audience was not over enthusiastic - was it chicken or the egg?  A relatively straight forward rock band filling in the time while we all waited for the main event.

Mudhoney came out and started with their new single I Like It Small and from the get go were into it.  For a band who had been playing some of these songs over 25 years they had an energy and exuberance about them that was captivating.  Something I remember from seeing them previously.  Last time I saw them in 99 when Rocket From The Crypt opened (and RFTC were amazing), Mudhoney made them look dull in comparison. So many favorites throughout the night Who You Drivin' Now?, Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More, Flat Out Fucked, Get Into Yours.  But none better than Touch Me I'm Sick - it is one of my top 20 songs of all time and for 2 1/2 minutes I was in pure heaven.  An encore that included Here Comes Sickness, Hate The Police and Black Flag's Fix Me just left me wanting more.  Lets just hope I see them again before another 15 years goes by - we'll all be too old by then.

Mudhoney Setlist Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte, NC, USA 2013



The Crap Facts:
This is my 364th concert.
This is my 3rd concert at Tremont Music Hall.
This is my 15th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 16th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 172nd concert in the USA.
Cheap Time are the 433rd band I've seen.
This is my 3rd Mudhoney concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment