Friday, December 7, 2012

ZZ Top @ House of Blues


So, for the most part, since living in Vegas, I've enjoyed seeing some older performers that I normally wouldn't .  ZZ Top has been in Vegas a dozen times since I've lived here, but the opportunity to see them in a small venue like the House Of Blues was too good to pass up.

Good size crowd - none of which was really the Rodeo crowd, which I expected.  The room was still set up the way they do it for Santana, with tables everywhere, so again I got a great spot standing on the main floor.  I hardly knew any of the songs until Give Me All Your Lovin' half way through the set  but each song was better than the last.  Here is a band who have played together for over 35 years so they are tight, and while choreography was not their forte, every move was on beat and the crowd loved it.

For me it was the hits I knew that were the highlights including Sharp Dressed Man & Legs, but also glad I got to know I Gotsta Get Paid and Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers.

Overall a fun night of old-school blues-rock.  And while they weren't on any bucket list, I'm glad I got to see this legendary band.

ZZ Top Setlist House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2012, La Futura


The Crap Facts:
This is my 346th concert.
This is my 45th concert at House Of Blues.
This is my 142nd concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 142nd concert in Nevada.
This is my 154th concert in the USA.
ZZ Top are the 411th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment